Are you a licensed timber buyer or landowner looking to sell your cut logs? At Davison H.Q.S., Inc. we buy veneer quality hardwood logs and saw logs. Due to today’s ever changing market we are unable to provide a price list on our website, but here are species we are currently buying.
- Hard Maple
- Northern Red Oak
- Red Elm
- White Oak
Due to federal and state quarantine regulations we are not buying Ash logs at this time.
Some general guidelines include:
- no diameters under 11 inches for saw logs (diameter measurements are taken inside the bark on the small end of the log)
- no diameters under 14 inches for veneer logs (diameter measurements are taken inside the bark on the small end of the log)
- veneer logs must have a minimum over-length of 4-6 inches for trim
- all logs must be free from metal. logs showing blue (metal) will not be purchased
- deductions made for sweep, crook, and rot
- logs are scaled using the Doyle scale
Methods of Buying
Joe Davison is our road buyer. If you have a large parcel of logs within 175 miles of Spencer, IN you may call and schedule an appointment to have Joe come and select logs from your yard or job site.
For gate logs delivered to our yard. Our gate is open 7 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday for those that wish to deliver large or small parcels directly to our yard.
All logs delivered by 4pm on Wednesday will be paid for on Friday of the same week, unless other arrangements are made at the time of delivery or purchasing.
We also buy standing timber and harvest the timber using licensed contractors for cutting, skidding, and hauling using the BMP industry standards.